Reasons why Dental implants are So Popular
Written By: Dr. Vinamra Dhariwal
Gone are the days when the only remedy to losing a tooth or teeth was a fixed bridge or removable dentures. And we all know the difficulty we have to undergo to maintain them, not to mention the attendant uneasiness.
Dental implants are a source of relief as well as a breath of fresh air to the dental community. According to the Academy of General Dentistry, a dental implant is an artificial tooth “root” surgically placed in your mouth to support a dental prosthesis such as a crown, denture or bridge. They are posts made from titanium metal compatible with the human body and it fuses around the jawbone serving as a root for the missing tooth where they function as a sturdy anchor for replacement teeth. Thanks to dental implants, dentists can now place a bridge or a crown on the dental implant and the other unaffected teeth do not have to undergo sufferings because of the plight of one missing tooth.
The growth and use of implants is one of the biggest advances in implant dentistry services in the past 20 years. Here are a few benefits you must know about dental implants, particularly if you are planning on getting one.
- Dental implant procedures have a high success rate: According to the Journal of Oral Implantology, the success rate of dental implants has been reported in scientific literature as 98 percent. However, a 2014 study suggests an absolute implant success rate for people generally in good health and when carried out by a dental specialist.
- Comfortable fit and Natural look: Dental implants are customized to feel, look and function like the natural teeth. When it comes to feel and appearance, the only difference between the real teeth and dental implants is that implants are not real teeth. They are designed to feel and fit exactly like all the other teeth in your dental collection
- Improved facial and bone features: Generally the teeth help support your facial structure and you lose that support when you lose teeth, which eventually cause your face to change shape, making you appear older. Dental implants also preserve natural tooth tissue by avoiding the need to cut down adjacent teeth for conventional bridgework. They help prevent loss of jawbone height and restore your jawbone structure as they reduce the load on the remaining oral structures/teeth (preserving the natural tooth tissue) and also lessen bone resorption and deterioration.
- Implants make eating easier: Dental implants allow you better bite force with the same amount of force you could use with your natural teeth. Because they are anchored into your jaw with a titanium post that replaces the tooth root. Meanwhile, other tooth replacement options cannot restore your natural bite force. You do not have to take extra care while eating. Implants enable you to enjoy a most satisfying and natural chewing experience.
- Long-lasting and reliable: Dental implants last as long as traditional restorations on teeth with proper care and maintenance. Other tooth replacement options will need to be replaced or repaired at regular intervals, but dental implants are designed to last for the rest of your life.
Adarsh dental clinic is a Multi-Speciality Dental Clinic with a vision of providing the best dental services possible to all the patients with high quality, state-of-art technology, highly skilled and caring Dental Professionals and support team. They make sure that they provide a personalised dental care for all their patients by communicating with the patients at a personal level and design a treatment plan according to the individual needs. ADARSH has always been maintaining the vision of providing best dental services by continually updating with the newest developments in the field of dentistry to become one of the best and most trusted dental clinics in Chennai.
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Book appointment: www.dentistinchennai.com/book-an-appointment